Friday 5 December 2008

The 80's influence on today's New Zealand culture

Got really 'amped' by a new tune I heard on the radio yesterday... Admittedly I thought it was a girl singing 'Hey you're playing with my derriere, the moment i wake I'm gunning for you' and was dissapointed to find out it was in fact 'Hey you're playing with my delerium'. However that dissapointment was soon shelved when it was announced that the band's name was 'Ladyhawke' of 1980's film fame epicness and my first encounter with Michelle Pfeiffer:

When visiting youtube to scope it out further I was impressed that the 80's theme ran further than the name, and similarity with Pfeiffer, initially with the video for 'My Delerium', but this had nothing on 'Back of the Van' (see video below) which can only be described as some 'Europe', of Final Countdown fame, meets 'Sam Fox'... Which in some eyes is genius, others a disaster; I'm in the former bunch of campers.

A bigger question could be why am I blogging about this? Well I was shocked to find that this re-engineered 80's soundwave that is taking over DAB and analogue all over this country is in fact like Sir Ed a Kiwi...
So here is 'My Delerium':

No comments: