Sunday 21 December 2008

Feet

Where to start, I've learnt so much!

Well I got my feet tested towards the beginning of December as I am having issues with my IT Band that requires me to roll on a foam roller. Was told I had a normal gait, found this odd as this wasn't the case when rowing... got retested somewhere else for the cost of £40, running on computer linked gel pads, here I was told I needed mid support for high arches, which made more sense. Took the other shoes back and got some funky blue ones, for pronation, in at £100. Went running, the right foot now feels great, the left a bit awkward. Am finally getting fitted for walking boots, oh yes, these feel good, but then at home not so sure so head back in, get some time spent with a dancer, she knows a bit about feet, we find that my right foot pronates, but not the left, hence all the original confusion. So what I need is the original running shoe for the left and the current for the right, don't think so, so the alternative is some insoles that set my heel properly, at £35. Job done, oh I forget, walking shoes, £140. The cost of feet: £315

No comments: