Wednesday 19 November 2008

Buying tights at £39.99


If the thought of going shopping for tights was bad enough then to find out that the starting price was basically £40 really took the biscuit. You see even though I had to wear lycra throughout rowing, especially tights in the winter and the England rugby team bound around in theirs nowadays it is, for a guy who grew up in the surf styled county of cornwall, still something of a bizzare concept, a fully grown man, who is engaging in a 'manly' sport to be wearing tights.

I finally got my head around it whilst rowing. Being on a river for hours in freezing temperatures at 6 in the morning you take every bit of help you can get. Tight shorts and tight tops I got; providing you are in shape they make you feel you can take on the world, but it took a while for the tights thing to be accepted.

Since uni I have lost them, and not hurried to replace them. Even now I wasn't in a rush until Monday night. On Monday I joined Kiwi's aerobic session around battersea park, lap followed by fartlek followed by another lap and so on, halfway into the second lap my calves and hamstrings were crying in pain, lactic acid burning and the cold temperature whispering in their ears, neigh begging them to seize up. I managed to get through it without them doing so, just, but they've been tight ever since, and in short it was enough said. So I can now welcome a pair of £39.99 underarmour tights into my wardrobe, to go with all the tight tech tops from rowing!

1 comment:

White-Pages said...

Sorry to disappoint you mate, but you're model friend wears them a little better than you do!!