Monday 3 November 2008

Time to drop the hammer; keeping my room tidy

It is now many many months in? Hard to classify I guess, it is 7 since we presented to the original open day, but 13 since our first real planning meeting in the Antelope pub and who knows how many since vague discussions began, but it has really struck now that it is only 5 months to go. It may seem like a long time, but when Christmas is just around the corner and the trip is just three months after that, it hits home!

This whole process has been a wave of pulses, pushing hard then having to ease off for fear of burnout, and then back on, back off, but now it really is time to really push on all fronts. If I am going to get to the suitable fitness, knock this tiredness on the head, keep the management of the project on an even keel and keep my day job on track there is only one thing for it, to return to my military roots 24/7 and for this I am using my room as the barometer.

You see I find it impossible to keep my room tidy, but it is intrinsicly linked to my productivity, a tidy room leaves me switched on and alert, a mess and I act like a surfer dude, so from here on in it is a tidy room, shirts at work, I've had the hair cut too! It has been like this for 7 days now on all fronts and I think that is a record!

Where I'm really dropping the hammer is at the gym and my diet and I'll save that blog post for later in the week... you see the more posts I get in the more chance I get to win blog of the month!

3 comments:

Curry said...

Damn right Weslos - your chances improve with every post my man!

Can't beleive you've given the hair the chop - exactly how military have you gone??

Gareth Wesley said...

Not too military, in fact it probably wouldn't pass for anything less than Lawrence of Arabia!

tooveseverest said...

dude, some of us tried to climb ben nevis, others are running fkn marathons... and you're tidying your room? man, why don't you buy yourself a ticket to a kylie minogue gig, pour yourself a caramel frappucino, and watch endless repeats of sex and the city whilst eating chocolate. even your goals are gay