Sunday 21 September 2008

Every scene leads to the next


What is the critical reason for why this scene exists? What does it add to the entire story? How does it form its own drama of beginning middle and end, and how does this generate anticipation in the audience for the next scene? If it does this and all it's sister scenes do likewise then when connected together will they create a story that drives from outset relentlessly to the obligatory scene which the audience has been promised but doesn't yet know what it will be!

These are the many questions I am posing myself as I piece together the story of our exepedition to be conveyed in film. The story is taking care of itself, bringing this to life in a compelling manner for its future audience does not.

Being a strategic planner is pretty similar to film director, understanding the subject matter, the audience, what the key reason for the communication existing is and working with your creatively skilled team to pull it off executionally.

Anyway the picture shows my day, post it notes arranged and rearranged providing a platform for writing a detailed word document for a meeting on Wednesday with out film crew ahead of our first major shoot on Saturday.

1 comment:

White-Pages said...

Hey Wes,
I know that I have mentioned this to you guys a few times, but say the word and I'll try to tee up a meeting at our offices in Chelsea, wth the team from Firecracker Films. If you can give me a guide to exactly where we need some assistance, then I'll see what I can do to get the right people in that meeting.
Cheers mate and see you on Saturday.
Glen